Special Condo Information - Condominium Plaza Dorada
A. Before leaving home: - KEYS...KEYS...KEYS
1. PASSPORTS for everyone
3. Location map A to condo for taxi driver. #11 on the map.
4. Check the weather / season in PV - What to wear.
5. Alaska Airlines,United, and Virgin America offer non-stop out of SF. Sooner you buy the lower the price.
6. Sometimes if you check in 2 - 3 hours early, you can upgrade to 1st class for $100 - $200
7. Let your credit card companies know you're in Mexico.
8. Fly from SF on Alaska you will depart Domestic and return International. United and Virgin - depart and return
9. NO PETS ALLOWED!!
B. Arriving Puerto Vallarta:
1. Custom forms on the plane.
2. Immigration form - KEEP THE STUB! You have to turn it in when you leave.
3. TOTALLY IGNORE ALL VENDORS ON THE WAY TO THE LOBBY! "NO GRACIAS"!
4. Taxi to Condominium Plaza Dorada (CPD) No more than $20 for the taxi. $5 for the driver. Maybe
5. Taxis charge by zones. You can ask for a zone map.
C. About Casa Costa #608:
1. The MAXIMUM number of persons (all ages) is SIX (6)... enforced. More than that and someone will
2. NO PHONE (land line), TV, WIFI!!! DVD player and TV screen for movies - YES. Good cell service.
3. The BEST Location: Bay of Banderas and beach in front...heart of Romantic Zone fun and restaurants
4. Parking: If you rent a vehicle (See F - Things to do) limited free parking on the street. Pay garage 1/2
5. As you enter (CPD) the street door, entry buzzer is on your left. Push it for entry. Unfortunately, the
6. Present your Written Form From The Owner (a must - don't leave home without it); sign in, take the
7. To open the RIGHT SIDE & LEFT SIDE hinged glass door - push down and on the lower white plastic tab
8. Enjoy the "library" AND PLEASE leave at least one book for each one you take home with you.
9. There should be plenty of towels, TP, sheets, dishes, etc. Please replace any groceries/paper goods,
10. We have great neighbors next door 607, Ray (taller) and Lucus.
11. The tub in the master bath drains slowly.
12. There is a drawer full of local info in the 2nd bedroom dresser top right drawer. Use it...add to it.
13. There is a phone list of EMERGENCY and other useful numbers posted inside the kitchen cabinets to the
14. One of the keys fits the beach gate by the pool (turn left out of the elevator then right) so you can come
15. Another key fits the storage cabinets in the basement in space #11 where the white Nissan is parked.
D. Rules and Regulations:
Yes, this place is alive with R & R because as the administrator - Patty Negret says, "CPD is a residence,
1. HERE IS MY #1 RULE: Only the friends I have rented to and whose names appear on the Written Autho-
2. In this web site is the short verison:
(B) Plaza Dorado Condominiums (B)
4. Then a little more...
E. About Puerto Vallarta:
1. The Seasons: High Season -- Oct 15 to April 14 - When all the gringos (US and Canada) want to be here
3. PV is safe (like 85% of Mexico). Have you heard about the two Auzies, who were talking? One says he
4. Drink the water...the local water...like out of the tap in the condo, like in restaurants, like anywhere at
5. I still don't know the best way to get the best exchange rate (and the lowest charge) dollars to pesos.
6. Most service people (and others) speak enough English to help us mono language people understand them.
7. I tip the same for various services as I do at home and most of the time the service is as good or better.
8. Cell phone service is excellent and expensive. We do not have a land line at Casa Costa. To dial home:
9. Most...well, many sunsets are spectacular from the deck of Casa Costa because we face west across
10. There is a grocery store at the corner of Constitution and A. Serdan (3 blocks east) called Risso's. However,
11. Saturday mornings there is a small Farmers Market on Pulpito (3 blocks south) a block up from the beach.
12. There seems to be about six different kinds of police jurisdictions...all very helpful and non-discriminating,
13. Two emergency type hospitals are close by.
F. Things to do:
1. Very first! Walk the Malecon! Leave condo via front gate by the pool. Turn right and head north past Daiquiri
3. There are several adventure/sports tours, shops, operators that offer every imaginable activity. And car/jeep
4. Several golf courses north. Fishing by boat or on the sand. Hunting - for the best restuarants (my favorite
1. The list below are places I can recommend in Old Town and Romantic Zone. The numbers (1 being highest)
2. Two excellent websites that will give you phone numbers and addresses for most restaurants I have listed:
3. 1 2 3
Amapa Sunset Blue Shrimp Cafe de Olla (c)
(c) - cash only
H. When Leaving CASA ESCANO SEGRADO #608 and Puerto Vallarta
2. Plan the dates now for your next trip...lower airfares.
3. OK!!! THE CHECK LIST!!! PRINT IT OUT!!! MAKE IT EASIER FOR THOSE FAMILY / FRIENDS /
____ Wash all dishes and put them away. Check the dishwasher...empty.
____ All food out of refer and freezer. Turn them down.
____ All trash and garbage sorted and into cans provided at the door left of elevator.
____ Patio chairs and tables inside.
____ Pation shade cranked down and attached at both ends.
____ Window blinds drawn and closed both bedrooms.
____ All lights and fans off...pay special attention to the patio fans and lights!!!! Really expensive
____ Flush the toilets one more time.
____ Turn off all (3) air conditioner units.
____ Lock the glass doors: bedrooms & living room.
____ Put the EXTRA SET OF KEYS on the brick ledge inside at the front door.
____ Take the PRIMARY SET OF KEYS that you brought with you from RAY and return them to